Breast Implants in Dayton, OH
Women who are considering an augmentation have lots of different choices when it comes to implants. The board-certified cosmetic surgeons here at Miami Valley Plastic Surgeons are always glad to help ladies in Dayton, Centerville, Huber Heights, Troy, and other nearby cities in Ohio make the best choice possible.
What are Breast Implants?
Breast implants are prosthetic devices that are placed underneath the breast tissue to enhance the size of a woman’s bust line. They are designed to provide permanent, long-lasting results for ladies who have noticed a loss in breast volume due to aging, pregnancy, weight loss, or hormonal changes. Breast implants are also used to help reconstruct a breast that has been fully or partially removed due to cancer.
There are three basic types of breast implants:
- Saline, which are filled with a sterile saltwater solution after being placed in the body, thereby requiring a somewhat smaller incision than with silicone or gummy bear implants. Should saline implants rupture, the saltwater solution can be easily absorbed by the body.
- Silicone, a type filled with a gel-like substance. Silicone breast implants provide a more natural feel, and improved manufacturing techniques also make them safer than ever before.
- Gummy bear, a type filled with a liquid gel that is somewhat thicker than that found in traditional silicone implants. The fact that this gel is thicker allows gummy bear implants to keep their shape for longer.
Benefits of Breast Implants
The benefits of saline breast implants include:
- Less expensive than the other two types
- Generally considered safer
- Making it easier for the surgeon to correct imbalances in size between the two breasts, since they are filled after insertion
- Smaller incisions and a reduced risk of scarring
Silicone implants provide these benefits:
- More natural look and feel
- Decreased risk of rippling being noticed underneath the skin
- Wide range of sizes and projections available
Patients who choose gummy bear implants will notice these benefits:
- Better definition and shape
- Enhanced safety
- Streamlined procedure, since gummy bear implants, do not need to be fitted around a woman’s existing breast tissue
How Much Do Breast Implants Cost in Dayton?
Because you may have different needs than any other patient, we will not be able to discuss the exact cost with you until after your consultation. Cash, personal checks, and credit cards are always accepted for any of the procedures we offer, and many of our patients will also qualify for low-interest financing.
For many women in Dayton, Centerville, Troy, Kettering, or other nearby towns in Ohio, the decision to undergo a breast augmentation is secondary only to choosing the right type of implant. Our goal here at Miami Valley Plastic Surgeons is to help you make a well-informed decision, which is why we invite you to contact us today to discuss breast implants.